June 17, 2010 | Robert Nelson
It looks like those in Canada who may not need the latest and greatest (iPhone 4) are in luck. Well, those willing to settle for an iPhone 3G or 3GS anyway as Telus, Rogers, Fido and Bell have all recently announced lower pricing on those two handsets.
The new prices break down as follows.
iPhone 3G 8GB
- Telus: $49.99, down from $99.99
- Bell: $49.95, down from $95.95
- Rogers & Fido: $49.99, down from $99.99
iPhone 3GS 16GB
- Telus: $99.99, down from $199.99
- Bell: $99.95, down from $199.95
- Rogers & Fido: $99.99, down from $199.99
iPhone 3GS 32GB
- Telus: $149.99, down from $299.99
- Bell: $149.95, down from $299.95
- Rogers & Fido: $149.99, down from $299.99
All things considered, while these many not be the newest iPhone available, they are pretty decent price drops. Most notably in form of the 32GB iPhone 3GS which all saw drops of $150. Of course, it should go without saying, however these new prices still reflect a three year agreement. But then again, that is a pretty standard affair for Canadian wireless carriers.